Thursday, November 26, 2020

A Special Day


I have so much to be grateful for this year.  Yes, this year with its many challenges.  I survived Toxic Shock and pneumonia and recovered fully.  Bill was in a collision that totaled our car but he has only minor injuries.  My parents both had a trip to the hospital in the ambulance but recovered and were soon home.  My youngest son fell off a roof and had a car accident later in that month and was able to recover almost 100%. Those are just the headline kind of experiences...there are so many blessings daily I can't count them all!

It's been a good year for the artwork.  I can almost smell the horses in this barn....
This is a great reminder for my on the days when I have more pain than smiles!
I 'm working away on the second sock but I keep being distracted with the lathe zone!  See the bowl?  It's completed and the best one yet!  (5 1/4" wide and 2 1/4" tall.
I mean, look at this perfect bottom!  It is camphor wood with oil and wax for the finish.

I have family here-youngest son and family and middle son is here.  There is laughter and joy.  The essentials.  

And thank you to all of you who are faithful commenters;  the encouragement and inspiration you give are wonderful gifts that are also a major facet of my life!
 

7 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you! Missing you very much, and missing being with you today, but indeed, so thankful for so much...and looking forward to the time I can wrap you in a hug again! ♥️ Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS — the bowl is so beautiful! Yesterday I showed Bruce and the kids your last couple of posts showing the bowl process and they loved it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you and your family a very happy Thanksgiving. Hoping the rest of the year goes by quietly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your visitors, the laugher and conversations - make some wonderful memories. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. THAT BOWL! It's perfect! You are amazing my friend. I'm wishing you and your family a wonderful Thanksgiving, full of love. We have much to be thankful for.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a very lovely bowl ... You must be delighted to have worked in harmony with the wood to bring it into being. So sorry to read of all those things which have happened in your life this year - and rejoicing you are all still here and well, and able to give thanks :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Thanksgiving! You've had quite the year. If anyone deserves a celebration it's you and yours! Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...