Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Got It!

This is what a little math can do for you!  
While there was a lot of stretch in this yarn,
 it still wasn't comfortable as a tourniquet around my hand! lol 
 A quick bit of number crunching
 (and a panicked call to my daughter to make sure I did the math right) and I had the increase ratio I needed to fly!
See how nice it fits now?!  
These mitts (Tough & Toasty by Martina Behm) are designed 
to echo the short leather mitts worn by bikers! 
Fun to wear and still give the benefits of a warmer hand! 
 It will be in the mail today, daughter!
The hummers have gone, there are only a few butterflies left
 but still the Turk's Cap is 10' of beautiful red blooms!
These flowers are not opening or closing-this is what they look like;  about 3-4" long.  
We are much cooler this week 
so I will be enjoying some outdoor activities again!  
(this includes lathe work!)
 

7 comments:

  1. Whoa, you flew — yesterday morning your prediction was 3-4 days! Thank you. 💙 It was fun to do math together; it keep us sharp, and it always gives me satisfaction to do an algebra problem in real life (contrary to what most kids anticipate)! The Turk’s Cap blooms are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are cute mitts. How fun! The flowers are gorgeous. I've never seen them before.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my friends knit the mitts and loves wearing them. The math would have stopped me in my tracks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a neat construction. So glad you got to spend time with family. I did egg tosses when I was younger, until 1 hit my face and split my lip, and considering I hate eggs-from a baby-I so did not appreciate the taste of raw egg in my mouth! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FRIDAY FINISHES!

The 3-yard quilt top is all sewn together and ready for the quilting frame!  It was pretty easy to stitch it and even a bit boring to just k...