Sunday, November 8, 2020

A New Escape!

Finally the hunt is over 
and I don't have to talk about abstract numbers anymore!!!! 
 This is my new car-even though I don't like 'crossovers' 
I'm going to drive one now. 
 I hope to fall in love with it.

While Bill was kicking tires, 
I applied binding to the four-patch quilt. 
 I will have the final reveal after washing/drying for you on Monday.

I kept up the pace and loaded the last quilt in the queue! 
 I will have to freehand this one since it has three dimensional places in the center of the bow-tie blocks. 
 It's loaded and ready for me to work on it on Monday, also.
I did do the little bell project on the lathe! 
 It is shaped from a large dowel;
 and has really cool grain lines.
  I need to make about ten more 
before I will work the steps intuitively
 because nothing about it is natural at this point! 
 I can see I need to work on sanding a bit more.
  I will get there and this was encouraging! 
 I wanted this to be an ornament for the Christmas tree 
so I needed an eye hook for the top-
I didn't have one but I did find a tiny one of these 
I bent into an eye shape so I could say it is finished!
And I spotted this beauty on the way out to the mail box! 
 What amazing color in this hibiscus!

6 comments:

  1. That hibiscus is amazing — it looks like someone’s imaginative attempt of all the fun colors one could put in a flower! The bell looks great. Glad you have a car again; so much for which to be thankful. Mat it stay uncrunched for a very, very long time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new car! It looks like it would be fun to drive.
    Your little bell is sweet. That is a pretty grain pattern.
    Our iguanas used to eat our hibiscus flowers but if I'd had one as pretty as that they wouldn't get near it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The new car looks like a beauty. I hope you have many happy years together.

    Your wooden bell is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's hoping you love the new car!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the new wheels! Love that hibiscus!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your car. It's the same color as mine! I have a Honda CRV and I love it. I was falling when I got out of my Accord back in 2010 and I got my first CRV then. It sits up just high enough that my feet can support me much better when I get out. The first time Dennis saw me fall, he bought the CRV that day. I have arthritis in my feet and have a hard time walking a lot of the time.
    That hibiscus is beautiful and I absolutely love that bell. You are so talented my friend.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

WOOD WORKS

I cleaned the wood shop area;  the tools and the floor, etc so that I could begin work on that burl we acquired a few weeks ago!  It felt so...