Saturday, November 7, 2020

Another Top to Bind!

This top is off the quilting frame--it is larger than my usual lap quilts of 40 x 52" since it measures 50 x 65"--a good 'curl up on the couch' quilt!
The quilting looks very different than my usual work, also, 
but it will be interesting to see how it washes and dries! 
 I will be applying the binding today.  
(I'm hoping for a better day in the studio because everything broke, dropped, spilled , etc, yesterday!)
I want to make a bell ornament on the lathe today--
I have been drawing a few examples to help me 
when I actually start to work today!
The sock went well and I enjoyed a lot of knitting time while in the recliner-sometimes it's the best spot in the house!
 

4 comments:

  1. That quilt has such a charming vintage look; that calming neutral color of the border is perfect with the varied fabrics of the squares. Lovely! Bells — that will be a fun experiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your quilts are amazing but that one really is special. It had a very cozy quality to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty quilt! I used to collect bells but gave away all but a few very special ones when we moved. I'll look forward to seeing the one you make.
    The sock looks great too! Very pretty stitches.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sock is really pretty. What pattern are you using? I am really enjoying patterns that just have a little "something" going up the side.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

WOOD WORKS

I cleaned the wood shop area;  the tools and the floor, etc so that I could begin work on that burl we acquired a few weeks ago!  It felt so...