Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Just For You-

 I spent the day sitting in the car, waiting rooms and doctor's offices but the good news is I didn't fracture my lumbar vertebrates ;  the inconvenient news is that I did sprain my lower back (which aggravates the arthritis there! ha!) and the sprain has resulted in a lot of swelling which makes standing, sitting, laying down and moving a bit miserable!  The doctor did administer a cortisone shot and gave me some meds to fight the inflammation and to help me to sleep (muscle relaxer).  I feel like a new person!  Pain is such a rough companion!

So I don't have anything to add to this post but this instruction for the little lace insert on my socks!  Feel free to download it and use it for a bit of embellishment that doesn't take a lot of thought!

Pretty Lace Insert for Socks 

Toe-up or down, this little insert will work for you! I set the lace 5 stitches from one edge of the top of the foot; the insert is worked over 4 stitches only-very manageable! 

Round 1-yo, k2tog, yo, k2tog 

Round 2-knit

 Round 3-k1, yo, k2tog, k1 

Round 4-knit 

Be sure and set the insert on the opposite edge of the top of the foot for the second sock! You can wear the socks with the insert up from the baby toe or wear it centered over the big toe! 

CHART: 

KKKK ROW 4 

K/OK ROW 3

KKKK ROW 2

 / O/O ROW 1

 (K=knit stitch, /=knit 2 together,o=yarn over)


6 comments:

  1. Ouch....back issues are no fun. I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OUCH! Hope you are feeling much better!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! At least it's not broken, but that's still not fun! Hope you get some relief soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take good care! I hope the effects of the cortisone last a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I hope you are feeling much better after the shot and that it has long lasting effects. I can sure sympathize with you. I'm SO glad it's not broken. I've "been there, done that" when I fractured my back while snow blowing a few years ago. That is NOT fun.
    Take care and thank you so much for the pattern. I'm going to write it down right now.
    Blessings and a big hug, (gently)
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness ... I am so glad there are no fractures (something I dread), and hope the pain stays away and you are able to get rest and restorative sleep.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...