Thursday, November 19, 2020

Tink and Knit

I've been at the lathe and had fun honing my skills at sanding and applying finishes.
The grain is so pretty in this camphor wood....
it looks like I spilled some stain but this is its natural coloring! lol 
 I am ready to turn the bowl the other way around
 so I can begin hollowing out the middle today!
I also took the time to cut out 6 more blocks 
for the Christmas Hunter Star quilt.
Yesterday morning I had to head out for my monthly check-up
 and while there I unraveled an old sock. 
 This yarn was originally used for a shawl, 
then a sock but the sock torqued and drove me crazy
 but I loved the yarn colors ....
so...
I ripped the whole thing out and am knitting a plain sock this time! 
 I am glad that yarn is reusable! 
 I am almost ready to begin the gusset increases!

8 comments:

  1. Makes me think of Grandpa’s comment about being able to afford new yarn (when he saw a grandma ripping out again)! Ha. The wood grain is so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess that is one good thing about tinking. At least you can still use the yarn. It's very pretty yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really pretty yarn and I do love seeing your wood working things. That camphor wood sure is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What gorgeous wood grain! It will be a beautiful bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Playing with wood is almost like knitting with hand-dyed yarn - you never know what patterning you'll get until you start doing it.

    Is that yarn Knit Picks Koi colourway? I've always loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are a busy lady. That wood grain is just gorgeous! I love the "spill." I'm glad yarn is reusable too. The new sock is so pretty. Love the colors. The yarn is so colorful that the plain sock is perfect to show it off.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your woodwork is beautiful! I just love that grain. It will be an amazing piece when you're done.
    I like the sock colors, too. I have yet to start a sock toe-up. One of these days, I will.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like lots of fun stuff going on there! That bowl is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

WOOD WORKS

I cleaned the wood shop area;  the tools and the floor, etc so that I could begin work on that burl we acquired a few weeks ago!  It felt so...