Thursday, November 12, 2020

Color Me Rainy Gray!

The first blooms of the season have opened!  
 Don't worry, the plants are all protected tucked up next to the house so that TS Eta won't steal any plants!
It is pouring out and the wind is gusty but it doesn't look like it will be a damaging storm for us!
I finished the last quilt on the frame and even added its binding. 
 I have to wash/dry so full reveal tomorrow.

But look!  I have the fabrics picked out for a quilt to piece; 
 I will be using the Accuquilt to cut out a  Hunter Star quilt in these fabrics--the top choice is the backing fabric.  
And fingerless mitt #1 is a done deal! 
 I didn't have too many hurdles in converting the pattern
 from sport weight to fingering weight numbers!  

 

7 comments:

  1. Cute mitt and pretty flowers. Glad the storm will not be bad for you. Enjoy a day inside!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like rain but not when it comes down in sheets and driven by the wind. Nice job on the mitt. I’m looking forward to the reveal and the start of the Christmas quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was concerned for you and I'm glad to hear that the TS won't be too bad for you. That mitt is beautiful. Do you need them often where you live? I wore my fingerless mitts this morning when I walked Chloe.
    I like the fabrics you chose for the new quilt top and really like the glimpse of the completed one.
    Stay safe.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been busy! All this rain has given the me the blahs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! You seem to have been all over the place, injury, recovery, storms, calm, and lots of fun projects! Prayers for continued health!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE that holly fabric.

    Glad Eta wasn't much of a problem. We got lots and lots of rain and a bit of wind. Yesterday the maple tree had leaves. Today it does not. The driveway is paved with red leaves. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FLOWERS ON FRIDAY

But first-yesterday's Shop Hop went well-we discovered a very nice new shop in St Augustine;  always a good find!   What I bought this t...