Yesterday, I decided to hang the two shelves I had cut and painted months ago. I wanted to mount them on the wall in a manner called 'floating' shelves and watched YouTube to learn. I did learn one thing--that it sure goes more quickly on a short video than it does in real life! Everything went wrong and I made a lot of rookie mistakes.
After several, uh, challenges, I did try a method that kept the shelf on the wall so that I could put a few items actually on the shelf when I finished!
I used mollies and dowels as my method of hanging.
It did work out.
but it was hard work to go up and down the ladder 20 kabillion times because I dropped every screw I tried to pick up! I had to paint the replacement piece of wood so I covered the wall with paper and tape--it worked.
And 5 hours later, I had the shelf pretties arranged
and declared it good!
Now it is a pleasant space over the doorway!
I did work outside, carrying in the things we had removed
from the pool area so we could do the painting.
This will be a good place to sit and relax!
There were 6 of the irises in bloom! So pretty.
And last night, I cast on a new summer sweater ! This yarn is cursed so I hope it will work for the sleeveless Summer Tee pattern by Berroco called Phillipa.