The weather went from gloomy to rainy so I couldn't get to work on the chimney instead I went right to the sewing room.
I laid out the three petals for the Shamrock and then played around with the stem outline.
I traced it onto Lite Steam 'n Seam and then drew out the one for the second block as long as I was getting out the supplies.
This green was just what I needed
but not the 'right' side of the fabric which had stars.
No, the reverse is all mottled and just right.
I even remembered to iron it onto the wrong side BUT the only thing I didn't remember to do was to draw the reverse of the shape I wanted--because I expected the stem to curve to the right and instead it goes the OTHER way. I'm living with it!
Since it was still raining after lunch,
I headed out to the garage for some lathe time.
Way too quickly, I was done with the newest vase.
I kept some of the green bark with the caved in side
in this Sycamore branch for interest.
Today, I will be gluing the test tube inside the drilled out hole
so it will be a useful vase as well as pretty!
And best of all, I finished the socks!
Nyki thought I took forever!