Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Nature

I did a bit of work at the lathe* yesterday waiting for the arrival of....
two grandsons!  We had a wonderful slow walk to the pond by way of the woodchip berm and sandy road.  There was a long time to enjoy the pieces of bark and dirt balls to toss into the pond.
This bench has sat at the yellow house (that we sold) for more than 40 years but now resides at the pond.  I took advantage of its perfect setting and watched the boys get out their energy!
Some pretty blooms on the Kalanchoe Daigremontiana throughout the yard drew our attention over and over!

The azaleas are increasing their colors throughout the front yard--I am pleased with the maturity of the white bushes finally.
We ended the day with a good fire in the pit--the boys love to collect all kinds of dried grass and palm boughs to add to the fire!  It was good to be outside for a long time with them!

*black walnut wood chips
 

6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful day! Seeing your fire reminded me I meant to build a fire outside last night since it was so warm but I forgot! Maybe tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely day! We are planning a fire tonight!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delight to have the boys visit and to explore the yard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh to be in that sunshine! We have sun, but biting wind makes it less than ideal to sit outside. Love the new bowl!!! But then, I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grandchildren are such a joy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FLITTING LIKE A BUTTERFLY!

  Here is a great  link   for understanding the stages  of the Monarch butterfly! I transferred the chrysalis into this large jar to await t...