Friday, January 15, 2021

Studio and Woodshop

The blocks were quickly sewn together yesterday and loaded on the frame.  I am doing a panto called Birds & Blooms-perfectly appropriate and no brain strain trying to figure out free motion right now!

 With the leftover bird fabric which makes the centers of the blocks, I made a new cushion for my dining room chair-I even included a zipper so it can be easily washed this time!  (the last cushion didn't have one and was a pain to hand sew closed again!

I like a fresh look!
I stopped for lunch-a fresh tangerine!  it's funny to me that the citrus fruits are ripe in January but they are!
I signed and sealed the natural edge bowl--it is 5" tall and about 5" wide.  (It is sitting on a tin because the bottom wasn't quite dry but I wanted a picture!)  The wood is camphor.  
The bark just seals so beautifully!
And to end the day, a pair of mitts for a grandson who needed his mitts to match his hat I made last year!  I had forgotten the color of the hat but he reminded me!  Good thing I can make a pair in no time at all!
 

8 comments:

  1. Love your new chair cushion! Pretty. And that bowl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted a tangerine at Christmas so badly and none were to be found. We always got a tangerine and peppermint stick in our stockings when we were kids and I always ate it for Christmas breakfast along with a slice of mince pie. No pie this year either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is a "panto"? The fabric is really pretty and looks pretty as a cushion.

    The bowl turned out nicely too. I like the Live Edge look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that bird fabric. I just filled the feeder this morning and the birds have been at it non stop - pretty sure there's some poor weather coming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That quilt is so pretty and the matching cushion too. Is there nothing you can't do? I wish we lived closer so you could teach me to put a zipper in. I've watched videos and tried, but my one attempt was a disaster.
    That bowl! It's so, so pretty. Love the live edge. Your grandson will love him mitts. Isn't it nice when they ask for something? You know they really want it then. Piper loves my hand knit or crochet things. The past two years her school photos have been with one of my cardigans on.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. You seem pretty quick at everything. Look at all those finishes!
    I still struggled with machine quilting, but I'm going to try to work on it this weekend with my new & barely used Janome. I'm hoping that will be the key. My very basic Pfaff just doesn't quilt that well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such wonderful finishes and progress! I am hoping I see a finish of anything soon! Long term projects make for little to show.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice finishes! You are amazingly productive.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FINDING THE RIGHT LOOK

 I had to move more than one to correct the layout to get the look I wanted--but I found it! Alas, I didn't stitch any blocks together. ...