Monday, January 6, 2020

A Little Tweak for Style


It was just cool enough to need a shawl yesterday. 
I love knitting shawls but they are not always easy to wear
because
they don't stay put and you have to fuss all the time you wear one!
So I placed the shawl over my shoulders
and pinched where the underarm would be if it was a sweater.
(I rearranged it so the back hung like a swing sweater
and the fronts curled nicely, too.)
Then I did a whipped stitch to keep the edges in place
 and wore it like a little shrug
all day
and it never fell off my shoulder or shifted
so I never had to fear bending over or moving freely!!!!!
I will do this with all of my crescent shaped shawls!
And today, I will be going to quilting group.
I will take the sewing mat and finish it!


9 comments:

  1. I have that same problem with shawls falling off my shoulders. That's a good fix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever idea! Love the shawl you're wearing, too. I prefer crescent shaped shawls to the triangle ones. Have fun with your quilting friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good idea. I think the falling off thing is why a lot of people style them "backwards" just wrapping them around their neck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea. That's why I love the shawl I knit a few months ago. I can't remember it's name but it hugs your shoulders and never moves. I wear it often and have given several away because it's so comfortable to wear.
    Have fun at quilting.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I plan on turning all my future triangle shawls into cowls. Just did that with Eurasian Cowl, which the designer knit flat and then seamed, but I joined in the round at about 21" wide. But now I have your idea to use on those pesky crescents that don't drape well!! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes this is a simply wonderful idea. I don't like how shawls fall most of the time

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice fix for the one downside of shawl-wearing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...