Saturday, January 11, 2020

Spectrum

 I pieced the mermaid quilt first thing in the studio today--it might jump up in line for the frame...!
 I began the new pattern I chose for the machine knit baby blanket!
The pieces are oddly shaped but it will work out in the end!
Well that's the plan;  it was pretty rhythmic!
 And the last coat of Shellac is dry on the oak burl bowl!
 The grain and crevices are so interesting...
 This bowl is 5 1/2" across and 2 3/4" high.
The bottom is so complex!  I signed and dated the bowl.
I will begin a new one today! 

6 comments:

  1. You've had a productive few days! How wonderful to have everything working out so nicely. The bowl is really something. I am in awe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mermaid quilt is so fun! And love the blanket, and great work on the bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, the bowl is lovely! It must be fun to take a chunk of wood and turn it (literally) into a work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Piper would adore that mermaid blanket. She loves all things mermaid. That bowl is amazing. Where do you get all of the burls that you're using?
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful bowl. I love all the rustic bits.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

ALMOST A TOP!

  I have all of the pieces blocks finished  and the borders are cut but nothing is sewn to its neighbor yet  but that is on the schedule for...