Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Welcome to 2020!

 I have this particular tradition on New Year's Day,
I like to sit and plan projects ahead for each of my crafty outlets.
For example, I only have this quilt to finish up on the frame
and two more and then I will need to get piecing again!
 I have a project or two planned for each of the knitting machines!
 I have some yarn to dye and knit!
 And a basket of sock yarn!
 Plus the new yarn to knit in a colorwork vest!
 I also have some fiber to wash and card, some flax and some woolen top to spin.
 I also need to finish up the next 4 ounces of brown Polworth wool.
 A renewed interest has been the hand embroidery;
even though this is the last in the mermaid series, 
I will continue this work on the other pillowcases and wall art I enjoyed again.
Needless to say, I will have to decide if I will continue the 'pillow cover a month' habit with the machine embroidery work.  I enjoyed doing it each month so why not! 
 I can always make them for friends and family so I don't drown in the pile of them!
 I will also put these new tools to use learning how to make bowls-
--on the wood lathe.  
The lathe is working well, so the new tools will make the technical part of this
      art all prepared for the intrinsic yet inexperienced aspect to kick in to become a woodworker!


I am so excited for what the new year will bring creatively; 
but also personally I want to be marked by this--
Let your reasonableness be known to everyone.

Reasonableness  refers to contentment with and generosity toward others. 
It can also refer to mercy or leniency toward the faults and failures of others.
It can even refer to patience in someone who submits to injustice or mistreatment without retaliating;  graciousness with humility encompasses all the above. 

I hope you can set your sights for all that is true, honorable, just, pure, lovely, commendable...
think on these things!

 Philippians 4:5 and 8

7 comments:

  1. Your range of creative and artistic talents is inspiring. I know you will accomplish and exceed your plans. Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some great projects in your future! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so organized and have so many creative outlets. Mine seem miniscule by comparison.
    I like the word reasonableness. I think I will be adopting that as a goal too.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dont'' spin but I love to see fellow knitters and bloggers show the fleece to spun finish. It is just amazing to me

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you a very crafty 2020. I can't wait to see some bowls.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year! I'm excited that you are going to make bowls!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. New creative endeavors sound like so much fun. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

ALMOST A TOP!

  I have all of the pieces blocks finished  and the borders are cut but nothing is sewn to its neighbor yet  but that is on the schedule for...